[robotics-worldwide] Athletics and football teams for FIRA RoboWorld Cup

Guido Herrmann Guido.Herrmann at brl.ac.uk
Fri May 4 12:38:36 PDT 2012

Dear Colleague,

Re: Athletics and football teams for FIRA RoboWorld Cup

A major UK robotics event is going take place in Bristol: From
20-25 August 2012, just after the Olympic Games, the Bristol
Robotics Laboratory (www.brl.ac.uk), a joint undertaking of the
University of Bristol and the University of the West of England,
will host the FIRA RoboWorld Cup and the FIRA Robo World Congress.

The FIRA RoboWorld Cup is one of the oldest robotics competitions
where roboticists internationally gather and challenge each other
to test their newest technology in Olympic style robotic contests,
such as football, weight lifting, running and marathon.

Our website is:

www.fira-taros2012.org.uk/fira-cup
www.fira-taros2012.org.uk/fira-cup/disciplines
www.fira-taros2012.org.uk/fira-cup/submission-registration

The early registration deadline is 12 June 2012. This will
guarantee a place at the RoboWorld Cup and accommodation.

For pre-registration, we will need the following details from you:

a) Name of Team
b) Contact details of team leader
c) Affiliation
d) Number of humans in team (who will be attending the event in Bristol)
e) Which one of the categories listed below that your team will be
competing in :

        HuroCup
        MiroSot
        AndroSot
        RoboSot
        SimuroSot
        AmireSot

f) Your team website or a team photo if available. This photo will
be published on our website.

Please respond to Guido.Herrmann at brl.ac.uk.

Registration fees per team category through our website will be
requested at a later date.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Dr Guido Herrmann

FIRA-TAROS Event Chair

Lynette Oakey