[robotics-worldwide] Postdoc position available in the Harvard Microrobotics Lab

Rob Wood rjwood at eecs.harvard.edu
Thu May 10 14:18:45 PDT 2012

The Harvard Microrobotics Lab is seeking a postdoctoral researcher in the area of bioinspired micro air vehicle design and control. We are using an experimental approach to study scaling effects on intermittent flight strategies in an attempt to maximize flight endurance for insect-scale robots. This involves experimental fluid mechanics (e.g. using our low-speed wind tunnel), micro air vehicle design, microfabrication, and controls. Applicants should have a Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or a related field.

Applicants should send a cover letter briefly describing their background and career plans, a CV, and the names and contact information for at least three references. The position is open immediately (6/1/2012) and guaranteed for a year with a possible second year extension. These documents should be submitted as pdf attachments to Prof. Wood: rjwood at seas.harvard.edu

Harvard University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and applications from women and underrepresented minorities are strongly encouraged.