[robotics-worldwide] Postdoc/Research Scientist on Perception-Augmented Telemanipulation at JHU

Gregory Hager hager at cs.jhu.edu
Thu May 10 19:04:35 PDT 2012

The Johns Hopkins Laboratory for Computational Sensing and Robotics (http://www.lcsr.jhu.edu) seeks to hire a Postdoc or Research staff member to support our work in perception-augmented telemanipulation. The successful candidate will support ongoing projects that involve the development and testing of new paradigms for remote manipulation for both terrestrial and space applications. Ideal qualifications include a strong background in robot manipulation, computer vision, and software engineering. Day to day duties will include  participation in multiple research projects in this area, contributions to the development of software systems for telemanipulation, and an active role in the development of scientific papers and proposals.

LCSR is a highly collaborative group of 80 faculty, staff, and students that work on a broad set of basic and applied problems in robotics. We welcome applicants in any robotics-related discipline, including Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering. Relevant laboratories include:

The Computational Interaction and Robotics Laboratory (http://cirl.lcsr.jhu.edu)
The Sensing, Manipulation, and Realtime System Laboratory (http://smarts.lcsr.jhu.edu)
The Dynamical Systems and Control laboratory (http://dscl.lcsr.jhu.edu)

Interested candidates should send a letter of introduction and CV to: Peter Kazanzides and Greg Hager ({pkaz | hager}@cs.jhu.edu). Discussions at ICRA are welcome!