[robotics-worldwide] Last Call and Important Info about tomorrow's Workshop on Conditions for Replicable Experiments and Performance Comparison

Fabio Bonsignorio fabio.bonsignorio at uc3m.es
Thu May 17 08:55:54 PDT 2012

apologies for multiple postings

Hi All,

Please find below the final program of the workshop.

Description here:
http://www.heronrobots.com/EuronGEMSig/gem-sig-events/conditions-for-replicable-experiments-and-performance-comparison-in-robotics-research-icra-2012
We  have created a facebook group (for those of you frivolous
enough to stay on FB :-) ) ,  to allow remote interaction, let's
see...this is an 'experiment', too (on FB ipo's day, btw)
The address his here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/308183112597195/
( I could not attend ICRA this year, with my great regret, for a
series of unfortunate circumstancies,
Francesco Amigoni, from the Polyctecnic of Milan, Italy, kindly
accepted to chair the workshop in my place, I will attend remotely
through skype (we try exploit a problem as an opportunity, let's see
:-) ) )

All the best
Fabio

Friday, May, 18th (time CDT GMT+6)

8:45 Opening

8:55 The RCC Flagship: scientific and experimental challenges
P. Dario
Scuola Superiore S. Anna, Italy

9:40 Competitions: One pathway to replicable and comparable results
S.Balabirsky,
National Institute of Standards, USA

10:10 Coffee break

10:30 Practical and Theoretical Motivations for Replication of
Experiments in Robotics:
The complementary roles of benchmarks, challenges and competitions
F.Bonsignorio
Universidad Carlos III of Madrid, Spain and Heron Robots

11:00 Benchmarking Grasping
D. Kragic
Royal Technology Institute KTH, Sweden

11:30 Analyzing Performance of Visual Servoing Approaches
V. Kyrki
Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland

12:00 Lunch

13:30 Characterization of Textile Grasping Experiments
G. Alenya, A. Ramisa, F. Moreno-Noguer, C. Torras
CSIC- Universidad Politecnica de Catalunia CSIC-UPC, Spain

14:00 An Analysis of Experimental Trends in Autonomous Robotics Papers
F. Amigoni, V. Schiaffonati, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
M.Verdicchio Universita' di Bergamo, Italy

14:30 Towards Stochastic Characterization of Robot Traction in Granular Terrain
J. Williams, J.Trinkle
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, USA

15:00 Coffee break

15:30 Energy in robots: measuring performance and efficiency
C. Stefanini
Scuola Superiore S. Anna, Italy

16:00 Discussion

17:00 Conclusions and future initiatives

--
CONFIDENTIAL AND PRE-DECISIONAL INFORMATION

Fabio P. Bonsignorio

IEEE Senior Member

Ceo
Heron Robots s.r.l.
Via R.Ceccardi 1/18
I-16121 Genova
Italy
www.heronrobots.com

Professor
Banco de Santander Chair of Excellence in Robotics
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
Edificio Agustín de Betancourt, Despacho 1.3B01
Avda. Universidad, 30
28911 Leganés
Spain