[robotics-worldwide] Open Research Position at Honda Research Institute USA

BHeisele at hra.com BHeisele at hra.com
Thu Nov 1 13:06:25 PDT 2012

Researcher Position in Vision-based Navigation and Control for Autonomous
Vehicles at the Honda Research Institute in Mountain View, CA

LAB:
The Honda Research Institute USA is at the cutting edge of Honda's
research and development activities. Inspired by Honda's global
slogan--The Power of Dreams--we pursue emerging technologies in the fields
of robotics, computer vision, and AI.

POSITION:
The candidate will be involved in research and development of vision, path
planning and control algorithms for autonomous vehicles. The
responsibilities of the candidate will include updating and modifying the
hardware and software on our 4-wheeled autonomous driving platform and
improving our current vision and control algorithms for autonomous
navigation. We expect the candidate to participate in publications and
presentations of his/her research work.

QUALIFICATIONS:
Required:
* A minimum of a master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical
Engineering or equivalent
* Linux expert, C++ programming (5 years minimum)
* Experience with sensing and control hardware (e.g. Phidgets)
* Experience with ROS
* After hiring, proof of US work eligibility will be required
Desired:
* Background in control theory and computer vision, specifically tracking
and multi-view geometry.

DURATION:
Limited one year position with possibility of extensions at the company's
discretion.

CONTACT:
Submit application to career2012 at honda-ri.com, mention job number
P11T04 in the subject. For questions contact Bernd Heisele (bheisele at
honda-ri.com).