[robotics-worldwide] Robotics: Science & Systems - 2nd Call for Workshops

Marc Deisenroth marc at ias.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Nov 5 00:44:46 PST 2012

RSS 2013: Call for Workshops

Key Facts

Location:
TU Berlin, Germany

Important Dates:
December 14, 2012:   Initial Submission
February 8, 2013:    Final Submission
March 15, 2013:	     Acceptance Notification
June 27-28, 2013:    RSS Workshops

Robotics: Science and Systems (RSS 2013) will bring together researchers
working on algorithmic or mathematical foundations of robotics, robotics
applications, and analysis of robotic systems.

We are calling for workshops from the entire robotics spectrum. They may
consist of as little as a half-day or may span both days. Conference
attendees will have the option of workshop-only registration.
Prospective workshop organizers should email a brief, single-paragraph
description of the proposed topic, the intended workshop length (half
day, full day, 2 days), and a list of organizers

by December 14, 2012
rss2013.ws at gmail.com .

A template for the final proposal, which has to be submitted by February
8, 2013, will then be sent to you. This template will provide the
expected constraints on workshops and tutorials (including starting and
ending times, coffee-breaks, capacity of available rooms) and will
request information for the full proposal. As will be indicated in the
template, the full proposal submission should include a title, an
abstract appropriate for promotion of the event on the RSS website, a
description of the proposed content, a tentative schedule and list of
speakers, a plan for soliciting participation, a URL for the workshop or
tutorial, and expected requirements for space and equipment (e.g.,
number of poster boards), among others. We expect full proposals to be
approximately 2-3 pages in length.

Full proposals for review will be due February 8, 2013. They will be
reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage early submissions. All
decisions will be made by March 15, 2013. We recommend that workshops
and tutorials promote discussion among the participants. Priority will
be given to proposals that effectively address this issue.

We are looking forward to seeing you in Berlin!

Marc Deisenroth, RSS 2013 Workshop Chair