[robotics-worldwide] AMAM 2013 - Student travel grants & 2nd call for contributions, 6th International Symposium on Adaptive Motion in Animals and Machines

Marc Deisenroth marc at ias.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Nov 6 06:15:21 PST 2012

MAM 2013 - Student travel grants & 2nd call for contributions, 6th
International Symposium on Adaptive Motion in Animals and Machines

March 11-14, 2013, Darmstadt, Germany
www.amam2013.org

Important Dates

November 30, 2012: Abstract Submission
December 31, 2012: Acceptance Notification
January  31, 2013: Final Submission
January  31, 2013: Early Bird Registration
February 28, 2013: Final Registration
March    09, 2013: Partner Event "Robots On Tour" in Zurich, Switzerland
March    11, 2013: AMAM conference, Darmstadt, Germany

Understanding adaptive motion in humans and animals can help to improve
the adaptive behavior of machines. On the other hand, experiments with
technical devices that adapt to a changing environment can shed more
light on the basic principles of biological systems. We believe that
such a bidirectional approach is essential to incorporate biological
"intelligence" in machines. With the AMAM 2013 meeting we encourage
researchers from different fields to interact and exchange ideas in this
interdisciplinary field.

*** Abstracts submission deadline: 30 November 2012 (for talk/poster)

We invite to submit short abstracts for oral presentation, poster
presentation and hardware demonstration (for details please visit
website). Additionally, suggestions for tutorials on topics related to
adaptive motions in biology and robotics are very welcome.

The deadline for submissions for hardware demonstrations is 31 January
2012.  However, please submit all abstracts for talk/poster presentation
(also related to a hardware demonstration) by 30 November 2012.

*** Student travel grants

Thanks to the sponsorship of The Society of Experimental Biology
(www.sebiology.org), a number of travel grants will be available for
students and PhD candidates. Please apply for a travel grant informally
in your abstract submission. Grant approval depends on the quality of
your submission.

Please forward this announcement to colleagues who may be interested in
attending this symposium. For questions please contact Frank Peuker
(email: peuker at sport.tu-darmstadt.de)

We are looking forward to seeing you in Darmstadt in 2013!

Marc Deisenroth