[robotics-worldwide] Software Developer with the Intelligent Robotics Group (NASA Ames Research Center)
terry.fong at nasa.gov
Fri Nov 9 09:42:39 PST 2012
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (full-time position)
Intelligent Robotics Group
NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, California (Silicon Valley)
Want to help revolutionize space exploration? Enjoy hacking complex Linux or
embedded systems? Interested in using consumer computing for space robots?
Are you passionate about creating code that redefines the cutting edge?
The NASA Ames Intelligent Robotics Group has an opening for a FULL-TIME
software developer to help create the next generation of space robots. This is
a high-profile, high-impact opportunity to develop on-board software that will
radically change how NASA explores outer space. The start date is flexible.
Applicants should hold a B.S. in Computer Science or have equivalent
expertise. This position requires:
- 2+ years of software development experience with C and C++ using Linux with
open-source tools (gcc, svn, git, gdb, etc)
- *Solid* Background in UNIX system programming, distributed communications,
and multi-threaded processing
- Experience with modifying device drivers, kernel hacking and/or creating
custom kernels/boot loaders
In addition, knowledge in one (or more) of the following areas is greatly
- software engineering (architecture, modeling, design methods
- real-time system and interrupt driven programming (Linux, VxWorks, etc)
- data communications (RS232, TCP/IP stack, high-performance middleware)
- embedded hardware: microcontrollers, sensor interfacing, etc.
- basic electronics background
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send the following
1) current resume (PDF or text)
2) detailed description of your systems development experience with emphasis
on the platforms-languages-libraries that you have used
3) contact details for two (or more) references
to Susan Lee <SYLee at sgt-inc.com> and Debbie Guzman <DGuzman-nse at sgt-inc.com>.
More information about the robotics-worldwide