[robotics-worldwide] Honda Research Institute USA - Position in Human Motion Analysis and Simulation

dariush at hra.com dariush at hra.com
Fri Nov 16 11:44:51 PST 2012

Human Simulation Research Engineer (Job Number: P11T05)

Honda Research Institute USA (HRI-US) is at the cutting edge of Honda's
research and development activities. Inspired by Honda's global slogan -
The Power of Dreams - we pursue emerging technologies and bring them into
reality to make people happy, even as we are engaged daily in highly
scientific, pioneering work. We realize that dreams don't come from
organizations, systems, or money. They come from people, and we seek
people who have such challenging spirits to work with us.

The candidate will be involved in research and development of human motion
analysis and human simulation technology for assessment of human
performance in human centered design applications, including vehicle
occupant package design, coupled human-machine physical interaction, and
ergonomics in manufacturing.
Responsibilities:

·       Implementation of inverse-kinematics and inverse dynamics
procedures.

·       Prediction of human posture and motion using nonlinear
multi-objective constrained optimization.
·       Research on motion planning and motion generation strategies for
digital humans.
·       Implementation of various robotics-based and physiological human
performance indexes.
·       Motion capture data analysis.
·       Integration of developed algorithms with other software modules.
Qualifications:

·       M.S. degree or Ph.D. in computer science, robotics, mechanical
engineering, or related field.

·       Proficient in C/C++ and OpenGL programming
·       Strong background in computer graphics, kinematics & dynamics of
articulated systems, and physical simulation
·       Experience with multi-objective optimization, Cartesian space
robot control, and biomechanical simulation is a plus.
Duration:

·       Limited 1-year position with the possibility of further extensions
at the company discretion.

To apply, please send a cover letter and your resume to

career2012 at honda-ri.com

with the subject line clearly indicating the job number you are apply for.
Name your attachments as "FirstName.LastName.UniversityName.cv.pdf "