[robotics-worldwide] Opne Research Position in Computer Vision for Driver Assistance Systems at the Honda Research Institute in Mountain View, CA

BHeisele at hra.com BHeisele at hra.com
Fri Nov 16 13:59:39 PST 2012

 Researcher in Computer Vision for Driver Assistance Systems at the Honda
Research Institute in Mountain View, CA

LAB:
The Honda Research Institute USA is at the cutting edge of Honda's
research and development activities. Inspired by Honda's global
slogan--The Power of Dreams--we pursue emerging technologies in the fields
of robotics, computer vision, and AI.

POSITION DETAILS:
We are seeking talented candidates to conduct research on vision-based
driver assistance systems that can detect and recognize traffic
participants in video images. The ideal candidate blends technical
expertise in computer vision and machine learning with a strong interest
in building working real-time systems. As a member of the group we
encourage the candidates to contribute new research ideas and to
participate in presentations and scientific publications.

QUALIFICATIONS:
Required:
* A master's or PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or
equivalent
* Background in computer vision and machine learning
* Strong skills in C/C++ and Cuda programming
Desired:
* Experience in implementing real-time systems
* Experience with 3D computer graphics software Blender or similar 3D
software.

DURATION:
Limited three year position with possibility of extensions or transition
to a long term position at the company's discretion.

CONTACT:
Submit application to fulltime at honda-ri.com, MUST have job number
P11F05 in subject line. For questions contact Bernd Heisele (bheisele at
honda-ri.com).