[robotics-worldwide] CLAWAR 2013 Second Call for Papers

Kenneth.Waldron kenwaldron at me.com
Mon Nov 26 01:53:02 PST 2012

CLAWAR 2013: Second call for papers

The 16th CLAWAR conference will be held on the campus of the University of Technology, Sydney from 14-17 July 2013. We invite papers in all areas relevant to mobile robotics. The core areas are climbing, walking and running robots and the technologies that support them. We interpret that to include wheeled and tracked platforms, in addition to legged machines. Supporting technologies include all the means that robots use to sense, model, and navigate through their environments and, of course, actuation and control technologies. Human interaction, including exoskeletons, prostheses and orthoses as well as service robots forms an increasingly active and important pertinent area.

Although UTS is an urban university, the location for the conference is close to the scenic Darling Harbor inlet in Sydney Harbour, and the assortment of excellent hotels in that area. It is also adjacent to a transport hub giving easy access to all parts of Sydney such as the beaches at Manly and Bondi, Taronga Park Zoo, the Blue Mountains, the downtown business district, the Opera House and Harbour Bridge, and many other areas of interest.

Submission will be on the basis of full manuscripts due 04 February 2013. The link to the submission site is available on the conference web site: www.CLAWAR2013.feit.uts.edu.au.

Ken Waldron