[robotics-worldwide] Tenure-track positions at CU Boulder: CPS and Machine learning X Robotics

Nikolaus Correll nikolaus.correll at colorado.edu
Mon Nov 26 19:24:30 PST 2012

The Department of Computer Science at the University of Colorado Boulder
seeks outstanding candidates for two full-time tenure-track positions in
the areas of cyber-physical systems (CPS) and machine learning (ML). These
openings are targeted at the level of Assistant Professor, although
exceptional candidates at higher ranks may be considered.

For both positions, we seek candidates with research programs that have
strong theoretical foundations that have the potential for significant
impact.

For the CPS position, we seek candidates with a strong research program in
all aspects of cyber-physical systems including modeling, communication,
fault tolerance, and verification. We are interested in a broad range of
application including *robotics*, bio-medical systems, smart vehicles,
embedded systems and ubiquitous systems.  Applicants with research programs
in the area of energy systems are of particular interest.

For the ML position, we seek candidates with strong research programs in
theoretical and applied machine learning.  Candidates with ML research
programs that involve numerical optimization, speech and language
processing, or large-scale learning systems are of particular interest.
Applicants with a strong interest in the application of ML to energy
systems are also of special interest.

Candidates for both positions must have a Ph.D. in computer science or a
closely related discipline. Candidates must show promise in their ability
to develop an independent research program, and a commitment to teaching
and working with both undergraduate and graduate students.

Applications will be evaluated beginning in December 2012 and will continue
until the positions are filled. Applications must include a letter of
application specifying area of specialization, a complete curriculum vitae,
statements of research and teaching interests, and names and contact
information of three references.

The University of Colorado Boulder is an Equal Opportunity Employer
committed to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from
women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities and
veterans. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for
individuals with disabilities by contacting the ADA Coordinator at
hr-ada at colorado.edu.

Application materials are accepted electronically at:

For cyber-physical systems Jobs at CU posting quick link
www.jobsatcu.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=71252

For machine learning Jobs at CU posting quick link
www.jobsatcu.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=71257
http://www.colorado.edu/cs/job-opportunities

--
Assistant Professor, Computer Science