[robotics-worldwide] Three Open Faculty Positions in CS at RPI

Jeff Trinkle trinkle at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 07:03:56 PST 2012

Dear colleagues,
   The CS Department at RPI has three open tenure track faculty
positions in areas relevant to robotics.

Position(1):  The Hamilton Chair:  this is a permanent chaired
position targeting a person at the level of associate professor with
significant research accomplishments in “cyber risk” construed
broadly.  Topics such as swarms of robots monitoring the oceans,
critical infrastructure, or disaster cites are within scope.  For more
information, please go to:
http://science.rpi.edu/faculty/positions/compsci.html

Position(2):  Assistant professor:  this is a tenure track position.
We are targeting someone focused on agent-based systems, again
construed broadly.  For more information, please go to:
http://science.rpi.edu/faculty/positions/compsci.html

Position(3):  Claire Booth-Luce Assistant Professor:  Mobile or
Distributed Computing.  For additional information, please go to:
http://science.rpi.edu/faculty/positions/CBL_Asst_Professor.pdf

Successful applicants with robotics interests could collocate her/his
lab with mine.  My current funded projects are: NSF NRI (perception
for grasp acquisition), DARPA M3 (stochastic characterization of robot
traction on stony ground), Lockheed-Martin (DARPA Robotics Challenge -
software track), Harris (underwater autonomous grasping), and the
German Science Foundation (BrainLinks-BrainTools with Wolfram
Burgard).   My lab currently has 6 phd students, 1 MS student, 3
undergraduates.  I am also currently hosting Prof. Claude Lacoursiere
from University of Umea (physical simulation), a phd student from
University of Copenhagen (numerical analysis) and a phd student from
University of Basilicata (impedance-controlled grasping).

Feel free to contact me if you're interested.
Jeff Trinkle