[robotics-worldwide] Job position: Software Engineer in Motion Control and Robotics at OMRON - Position still open

dgerod dgerod at ymail.com
Tue Oct 2 06:40:36 PDT 2012

Software Engineer in Motion Control and Robotics at OMRON

For our European Motion Development Team, located in Barcelona, Spain, we
are looking for a creative software engineer with passion and ambition for
technology.

Job description
---------------------

You would be developing motion and robotics solutions in field of
industrial automation. Working in a team very close to customers, you would
be involved in all phases of development, from gathering  requirements to
releasing products.

We expect you would enjoy:
- Team Work: Working in the team and encouraging each other towards our
goals
- Business Involvement: Analyzing requirements and getting them right,
fast prototyping and supporting colleagues and customers with your
expertise
- Software Design: Creating best solutions for the requirements
- Programming and Testing: Creating and confirming high-quality code
- Kaizen: Looking constantly for personal and team improvement and
helping to bring this team to a higher level

Minimum education:
- University degree

Minimum experience:
- At least 5 years of relevant experience

Needed skills/qualifications:
- Computer Science or other technical degree with strong background in
software design and programming
- Knowledge and competence in software design, C programming and testing
- Good mathematical and analytical skills
- Have experience in motion and robotics is preferred
- Experience with the Scrum development process is preferred
- Experience with real-time operating systems is preferred
- Have a good understanding for the English language (both spoken and
written)

Additional requirements:
- Passionate for motion control, robotics and industrial automation
- Like both formal and informal communications
- Have an ambition to learn and grow within our organization
- Like a challenge and take the lead in his or her field of expertise
- Feel comfortable in an international environment

Number of vacancies: 1

How to apply

Please, send a cover letter and resume/CV to igor.jovanovic at eu.omron.comand
diego.escudero at eu.omron.com. If possible also include details on projects