[robotics-worldwide] Job Posting: Software Engineer, SeeByte Ltd, Edinburgh UK
jennifer at gravitatehr.co.uk
Tue Oct 2 07:25:41 PDT 2012
I would appreciate for the following vacancy to be posted on Imageworld. The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in at least one of the following areas: ◦ Signal and Image Processing / Computer Vision ◦ Navigation Systems ◦ Robotics / Autonomous Systems
SeeByte creates the world’s most advanced smart software for the latest generation of unmanned underwater vehicles, including autonomous underwater vehicles (AUV) and remotely operated vehicles (ROV) for the military and offshore sectors. SeeByte also work in the Renewable Energy market providing autonomous diagnostic tools. Beyond visualisation and automation, SeeByte systems extract information to create awareness, which can be used to reason intuitively and autonomously. These technology and deployment capabilities make SeeByte-enabled remote machines more productive, safe and reliable; operational performance is significantly enhanced at a reduced cost.
SeeByte are looking to recruit a software engineer to join their Edinburgh based Engineering group.
Software Engineer - Edinburgh
Salary – Dependant on skills/experience
Company – SeeByte Ltd (www.seebyte.com)
Job Type – Permanent
Academic Qualifications / Experience
• Good degree (1st /2.1 Hons) Electrical/Computer Science/Software Engineering or similar numerate discipline with strong software engineering emphasis. A higher degree or suitable experience in a relevant subject area for SeeByte would also be an advantage.
• Practical experience in programming on Linux and Windows systems.
Essential Technical Skills
Demonstrable experience in:
• Object Oriented Design
• Experience in at least one of the following areas:
◦ Signal and Image Processing / Computer Vision
◦ Navigation Systems
◦ Robotics / Autonomous Systems
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Good inter-personal/communications skills.
• Confident working in a small company environment.
• Comfortable working with external clients.
• Dependable when working under tight deadlines.
• Willingness to travel abroad and take part in tests and trials
How to Apply
Send an e-mail to hr at seebyte.com in person (no recruitment agencies) with an up to date CV, including current salary details and notice period.
Because of the nature of the work associated with this post, it is subject to special nationality rules and is open only to British, US or European Citizens. All selected candidates will be subject to background checking.
HR Account Manager
14 India Street
Office: 0131 225 7458
New direct dial: 0131 243 1377
Office Mob: 07767819568 / 07767819567
http://twitter.com/gravitatehr - Follow us on 'Twitter'
Registered in Scotland No SC287870. Registered Office 5th Floor, Quartermile Two, 2 Lister Square, Edinburgh, EH3 9GL. VAT Reg. No. 873 5229 06
This email and any files Click here to read our full e-mail disclaimer
More information about the robotics-worldwide