[robotics-worldwide] IEEE RAS Mobile Microrobotics Challenge at ICRA 2013

Popa, Dan popa at uta.edu
Wed Oct 3 06:10:04 PDT 2012

We would like to announce that as of this Fall, the US NIST has passed on organizational duties for the annual Microrobotics Challenge to the IEEE RAS Technical Committee on Micro-Nano Robotics and Automation.

For ICRA 2013, a committee composed of Prof. Dan Popa, Prof. Dave Cappelleri, and Dr. Jason Gorman will  organize the Mobile Microrobotics Challenge as a Robot Challenge event.

The MMC event is an excellent motivator for students to pursue research in micro-nano robotics and we encourage submissions to this event by December 15, 2012.

The rules for next year's event are posted online at http://www.uta.edu/ee/ngs/mmc/rules.pdf

Please circulate the CFP link http://www.uta.edu/ee/ngs/mmc/ to collaborators, students and colleagues who may be interested in participating.

Thank you and we hope to see you at the MMC competition in Karlsruhe!

Dan Popa, Ph.D.,
Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering
The Univ. of Texas at Arlington
http://www.uta.edu/faculty/popa
Next Generation Systems Research Group
http://ngs.uta.edu
Office Address: NH 543
Mailing Address: Box 19016 Arlington, TX 76019-0016
Phone: 817-948-4819 (cell), 817-272-3342 (office), 817-272-2253 (fax)