[robotics-worldwide] CTS 2013 - Workshop on Collaborative Robots and Human Robot Interaction (CR-HRI): Call for Papers and Participation

Adriana Tapus adriana.tapus at ensta-paristech.fr
Tue Oct 23 02:02:36 PDT 2012

*Call For Papers and Participation

International Workshop on Collaborative Robots and Human Robot Interaction
(CR-HRI 2013)
As part of The 2013 International Conference on Collaboration Technologies and Systems (CTS 2013)
May 20-24, 2013
Sheraton Bay Tower Hotel and Resort
San Diego, CA, USA
In Cooperation with ACM, IEEE, and IFIP

SUBMISSION DEADLINE: December 01, 2012

Submissions could be for full papers, short papers, poster papers, or posters

SCOPE AND OBJECTIVE
Applications of and research on robotic technologies are growing in both civilian and military contexts,
including small unmanned ground sensors, socially assistive and companion robots, and multi-ton
unmanned vehicles.  In the near  future, we anticipate that robots  will be increasingly employed in
collaborative interaction with humans and other robots, working together to achieve common goals.  The
study, design, and implementation of interaction among collaborative robots as well as between robots
and their human operators is critical to the successful employment of robots, and, therefore, needs
careful examination and further research.

This workshop on collaborative robots and human-robot interactions - to be held as part of the 2013
International Conference on Collaboration Technologies and Systems -
will focus on the areas of human-robot interaction and human-robot collaborative technologies.
We invite original contributions from researchers in academia, research laboratories, and the computer industry on these emerging and
important areas of information technology.  Our goals are to provide a dedicated refereed workshop that
fosters closer interaction among researchers from multiple relevant disciplines, including robotics,
human-robot interaction, design, cognitive science, psychology, computer science, anthropology,
human-computer interaction, as well as user communities, and to provide a forum in which they can exchange
their findings and ideas.

KEYNOTE SPEAKER
Prof. Rachid Alami, LAAS-CNRS, France
« On Human Models for Collaborative Robots »

IMPORTANT  DATES
Paper Submissions: ----------------------------------------------- December 01, 2012
Acceptance Notification: ----------------------------------------- January 21, 2013
Camera Ready Papers and Registration Due: ------------------------ February 21, 2013