[robotics-worldwide] Job Advert: Embedded programmer for balancing robot (Double Robotics)

David Cann david at doublerobotics.com
Mon Oct 29 11:46:55 PDT 2012

Double Robotics (www.doublerobotics.com) is building an iPad-based telepresence robot and we're hiring top engineers to join us.

We're a very small team, but we're growing quickly and we're looking for someone to takeover development of our embedded C code, which includes the balancing and driving algorithms.  It works remarkably well already (see the video on our website), but we want someone to help take it to the next level.

Job Description
=========
* Tune and refine the balancing/driving C code
* Takeover responsibility for the rest of the embedded code (encoders, motors, sensors, LEDs, etc.)
* Work in a very small team and close to happy customers
* You should have relevant hands-on experience with complex motor control loops.
* Formal degrees are optional. Please show past professional and/or side projects.

Benefits
======
* Competitive salary and significant equity
* Medical coverage
* Private offices for everyone
* Use the machine shop and tools for personal projects
* Free lunch and dinner
* Free snacks and beverages
* Flexible work hours
* Work from home some days, if desired (call in on a Double!)

Location
======
* We're located in Sunnyvale, CA.
* We will pay moving expenses, if necessary.
* Full-time is best, but contract work (possibly even remote) could be arranged for the right candidate.

We need you as soon as possible!

Thanks,
David
CEO, Double Robotics