[robotics-worldwide] Call for Participation: Northeast Robotics Colloquium 2012

Matthew Walter mwalter at csail.mit.edu
Thu Sep 6 13:32:49 PDT 2012

Call for Participation

Northeast Robotics Colloquium (NERC 2012)

October 20, 2012, Massachusetts Institute of Technology

http://people.csail.mit.edu/gdk/nerc/

We invite all roboticists to attend the first annual Northeast Robotics Colloquium at the Stata Center, MIT, 32 Vassar Street, Cambridge, MA on October 20th, 2012.

The Northeast Robotics Colloquium aims to bring together all of the many varieties of robotics practitioners in the northeastern United States, in an event that is simultaneously a research meeting, a networking and job-fair event, and a showcase for established and up-and-coming robotics companies. We hope to promote the kind of healthy and well-connected robotics community that will be essential in fueling the field's rapid growth in the coming decade.

The colloquium will feature invited talks by leading local researchers, robotics industry booths and demos, and an interactive poster session. The program provides the occasion to meet and mix with other area roboticists, with unique career and networking opportunities.

Poster Presentation

The program will include an interactive session during which participants can present posters that showcase their research. The poster session is integral to the colloquium, as it provides the opportunity to become familiar with the community's broad interests.

We invite participants to submit a poster title and summary during the registration process. We will accept all relevant submissions, subject to available space. Please note that posters will not be archived.

Industry Booths and Demos

The program will include a second interactive session featuring demonstrations from local industry participants. This is a great opportunity for students and postdocs to meet with representatives from industry.

We invite members from industry to take part in this session. Presence can be requested during the registration process. We have ample space for demos and encourage industry participants to bring their robots.

Registration

Registration is available via the NERC website and is open through October 10, 2012. There is a $50 registration fee.

Sponsorship

NERC 2012 is very grateful to Jaybridge Robotics and MIT's Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL) for their  support of the colloquium.

Organizing Committee

Stefanie Tellex, MIT
George Konidaris, MIT
Matthew Walter, MIT