[robotics-worldwide] Robotics position at the University of Auckland, New Zealand

Bruce MacDonald b.macdonald at auckland.ac.nz
Sun Sep 9 06:11:37 PDT 2012

Hi,

The position below is now available for application at the University of
Auckland, in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department which
includes the robotics laboratory with projects in robotics software
systems and tools, healthcare robotics, cognitive human-robot
interaction, and agricultural robotics.

Bruce MacDonald
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer Electrical & Computer Engineering

The University of Auckland is New Zealand's pre-eminent research-led
University. The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering is one
of the largest departments in the Faculty of Engineering, with nearly 30
academic staff, 550 undergraduates and more than 120 postgraduate students.

We provide undergraduate degree programmes in Electrical and Electronics
Engineering, Computer Systems Engineering and in Software Engineering
(together with the Department of Computer Science) with a range of
postgraduate taught courses.

We offer a diverse and active community for research at and above
postgraduate level, and we are proud of our strong international
reputation for the quality of our research outputs.

Our research activities broadly concern computer systems engineering,
embedded systems, reconfigurable and parallel computing, robotics and
medical devices, industrial informatics, digital communications,
inductive power transfer, power electronics, control and software
engineering. We have collaborative links with research groups and
industry within New Zealand and across the world.

The successful applicant will work as part of the Computer Systems
Engineering research, CSE, (embedded systems, robotics) of the
Department and will be required to develop research collaborations with
researchers both within and outside the CSE.

Current research interests include embedded systems architectures and
software, reconfigurable computing, distributed embedded systems,
wireless senor and actuator networks, and applications in various
domains (e.g. robotics, industrial informatics and control).

You will be research-focussed and be required to undertake high quality
research, researcher supervision and teaching in the general area of
computer systems. You will also contribute to the wider activities of
the computer systems engineering research and to perform service roles
for the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering.

You will have a PhD in a relevant area. You will also have a
demonstrated ability to conduct research, supervise postgraduate
students and publish in high quality journals.

For informal enquiries, please contact Professor Zoran Salcic at
z.salcic at auckland.ac.nz.

Applications are submitted on line via our careers website.  For more
information on this role and to apply online, please visit
www.auckland.ac.nz/opportunities

Applications close:   1st October 2012

Job ID: 15158
Campus: Auckland City Campus