[robotics-worldwide] Postdoctoral Position in MRI-powered Medical Robots at Boston Children's Hospital, Harvard Medical School

Dupont, Pierre Pierre.Dupont at childrens.harvard.edu
Wed Sep 19 12:46:52 PDT 2012

A highly qualified postdoctoral fellow is sought for a US National
Robotics Initiative sponsored project to develop a tetherless robot
technology for use inside the human body. The goal of the project is to
create robots that are powered, controlled and imaged with an MRI scanner.

Applicants must possess a strong background in dynamic modeling and
control theory. Experience in magnetic actuation and prototype fabrication
is highly desirable. The ability to work collaboratively with clinicians
and teammates is also important. It is expected that the successful
candidate will hold a PhD in engineering, physics or computer science.

Our Lab's mission is to embed creative young engineers and scientists in
the #1 US pediatric hospital. This ensures that we work on clinically
important problems and enables us to rapidly transition engineering
prototypes to a clinical setting for testing. More information on our lab
can be found at: http://robotics.tch.harvard.edu

Qualified applicants should respond by email as soon as possible to Prof.
Pierre Dupont (Pierre.Dupont at childrens.harvard.edu) with a description of
their qualifications, academic background, PhD thesis, publications,
career goals and availability. The initial appointment will be for one
year with the possibility of extension. Postdoctoral appointments will be
made through Harvard Medical School.

Pierre E. Dupont
Boston Children's Hospital
Harvard Medical School