[robotics-worldwide] Professor tenured, Computer Vision, Australian National University/NICTA

Peter Corke peter.corke at qut.edu.au
Mon Sep 24 17:27:01 PDT 2012


http://jobs.anu.edu.au/PositionDetail.aspx?p=2904

Professor (A419-12MY)

Research School of Engineering, ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science

The Research School of Engineering, College of Engineering & Computer Science is seeking a person with drive and enthusiasm who is capable of setting the strategic direction and leading a large team undertaking research and development in the area of Computer Vision within NICTA. The successful candidate will assume the position of Head of Computer Vision group in NICTA whilst also holding a substantive position as an ANU Professor.

Location: Canberra, Australia

Term of Contract: Permanent

Grade: Level E

Salary Package $150,675 pa plus 17% superannuation

Closing Date: 31 Oct 2012

The Research School of Engineering at the Australian National University (ANU) is one of the premier engineering research institutions in the world. It was a founding partner in the creation of the National ICT Australia (NICTA) centre of excellence and continues to work closely with NICTA in a variety of areas. We are seeking an energetic and driven person who will hold the position of professor within the Research School of Engineering but who will also be responsible for leading the Computer Vision Group within NICTA. The latter will involve setting strategic research directions in line with the overarching NICTA goals of research excellence and wealth creation for a group of approximately 90 researchers and graduate students.

The appointment as leader of the NICTA Computer Vision Group will be for an initial period of five years. This will involve a 70% time commitment to NICTA related activities, with the remaining 30% time commitment as a regular faculty member within the Research School of Engineering. At the end of the initial five year period this arrangement may be extended subject to mutual agreement or revert solely to a position within the Research School.

The successful applicant should have a PhD in a relevant field of Engineering, evidence of the ability to initiate and grow new directions for research, and the ability to lead and coordinate research between geographically separate research groups.

The ANU offers generous remuneration benefits, including four weeks paid vacation per year, assistance with relocation expenses and 17% employer contribution to superannuation.

Consistent with our values of integrity and respect, ANU welcomes diversity in its staff, welcoming applications from women and from candidates from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and is working hard to support their choices and inclusion in the workplace. If you are interested in talking about working at ANU as an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander person, please contact our Indigenous Employment Consultant Ian Martin on T: 6125 5981 or E: Ian.Martin at anu.edu.au<mailto:Ian.Martin at anu.edu.au>

Enquiries Contact: A/Prof Thushara Abhayapala
Telephone: +61 2 6125 5141
Email: Thushara.Abhayapala at anu.edu.au<mailto:Thushara.Abhayapala at anu.edu.au>


More information about the robotics-worldwide mailing list