[robotics-worldwide] Call for Participation: IROS 2012 Workshop on Optimality principles and adaptation in humanoid robotics control

serena ivaldi serena.ivaldi at isir.upmc.fr
Sat Sep 29 09:37:23 PDT 2012

Dear colleagues,

We would like to invite you to participate in the IROS 2012 workshop on

* Optimality principles and adaptation in humanoid robotics control *

To be held on Sunday, October 7th in Vilamoura, Portugal. The schedule as well the full program are available at:

http://macsi.isir.upmc.fr/index.php?perma=iros2012workshop

We look forward to seeing you in Vilamoura!

Serena Ivaldi
Bastien Berret
Francesco Nori
Olivier Sigaud

--------------- Program overview ---------------

Stephen Scott
Putting Sensory back into Voluntary Motor Control

David Franklin
Adaptive feedforward and feedback strategies in sensorimotor control

Etienne Burdet
A theory of interactive motor behaviors

Alexander Terekhov
Can we learn what the brain optimizes?

Evangelous Theodorou
Robustness of optimal control predictions to robotic and neuromuscular control

Jan Babic
Robot skill synthesis through human sensorimotor learning

Katja Mombaur
Identifying optimality principles in human locomotion for humanoid robots

Jean-Paul Laumond
The geometric dimensions of action

Mike Mistry
Exploiting Redundancy to Optimize the Task Space

Sethu Vijayakumar
Optimality in Compliant Actuation: Theory and Practice

Jan Peters
Machine Learning of Motor Skills for Robotics

Martin Butz
How Do We Interact With Objects: Optimal Control or Weighted Integration of Multiple Biases?

--------
Serena Ivaldi, PhD
Institut des Systèmes Intelligents et de Robotique
Université Pierre et Marie Curie
Pyramide - T55/65  CC 173
4 Place Jussieu - 75005 Paris
www.isir.upmc.fr