[robotics-worldwide] Researcher: Human Assist Exoskeleton

TaeSato at hra.com TaeSato at hra.com
Tue Apr 16 08:56:58 PDT 2013

Researcher: Human Assist Exoskeleton (Job Number: P12F01)

Honda Research Institute USA (HRI-US) is at the cutting edge of Honda's
research and development activities.
Inspired by Honda's global slogan - The Power of Dreams - we pursue
emerging technologies and bring them into reality to make people happy,
even as we are engaged daily in highly scientific, pioneering work.
We realize that dreams don't come from organizations, systems, or money.
They come from people, and we seek people who have such challenging
spirits to work with us.

Honda Research Institute USA, Inc. in Mountain View, California, has an
opening for research and development of human assist exoskeleton devices.

This field requires a broad background in multiple areas.
The candidate will be involved in both software (C/C++, Matlab, Graphics
etc) and hardware development (motors, controller, sensors, communication)
as well as evaluation with human subjects.

Responsibilities:
•       Development of next generation assistive devices, such as
exoskeletons, involving both software and hardware
•       Evaluation with human subjects

Qualifications:
•       A minimum of a M.S. or Ph.D. in Robotics, Biomechanics, Mechanical
or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
•       Expertise in kinematics, dynamics, controls, design, and multibody
system
•       Strong programming skills in C/C++, Matlab, Graphics and others as
well as hardware development

Duration:
•       Limited 3-year associate position with the possibility of further
extensions or a transition to a long-term position at the company
discretion.

To apply, please send a cover letter and your resume to

fulltime at honda-ri.com

with the subject line clearly indicating the job number you are applying
for.
Name your attachments as "FirstName.LastName.OrganizationName.cv.pdf "