[robotics-worldwide] Internship in machine learning and robotics at HRL Laboratories in Malibu, California

Hoffmann, Heiko hhoffmann at hrl.com
Tue Apr 23 10:29:49 PDT 2013

Dear colleagues,

HRL has an opening for students for an exciting internship in machine learning and robotics related to autonomous driving and flight.
We want to create the world's most reliable autonomous system.

HRL Laboratories, LLC in sunny Malibu, California, is one of the world's leading research institutes and is owned by both the Boeing Company and General Motors. HRL is an officially recognized IEEE Milestone and APS Physics Historic Site for being the place to invent the first working Laser. Apart from this historic moment, HRL held many world records - e.g., most powerful solid state Laser in 2005 and lightest material in 2011 - and we are looking forward to add more.

The selection for interns will be very competitive. I want the best.

Requirements:
B.A./B.S. in engineering, computer science, or related
Excellent programming skills
Creativity in developing new ideas
Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Demonstrated experience in machine learning and robotics

Special requirements (Important!):
US PERSON STATUS REQUIRED (PERMANENT RESIDENT OR US CITIZEN -This is a MUST).

Starting date: as soon as possible

Project lead for this position is Dr Heiko Hoffmann.

Applications (CV) and cover letter (can be in email) should be sent directly to me at hhoffmann at hrl.com. The cover letter should express why you are interested in this position and highlight your strengths.

*** Important ****
In your application, state if you are a US citizen or legal permanent resident (i.e., Greencard holder). Applications without such a statement will be ignored.

HRL is an Equal Opportunity Employer

Please forward this opportunity to potential candidates.

Have a nice day

Heiko Hoffmann

--
Dr Heiko Hoffmann