[robotics-worldwide] Advanced Controls Position at Bossa Nova Robotics

Sarjoun Skaff sarjoun at bnrobotics.com
Fri Aug 2 06:47:33 PDT 2013

Bossa Nova Robotics is a Carnegie Mellon spinoff specialized in personal
robotics (www.bnrobotics.com). We are productizing Ballbot, a locomotion
platform for human-robot interaction, and are looking for an outstanding
controls person to design advanced behaviors (think Serge from Caprica).

Job Description
============
- Design control policies for nonlinear and high dynamics systems
- Implement control policies on embedded systems
- Develop motor control strategies
- Develop state estimation solutions for nonlinear systems
- Develop adaptive control techniques for nonlinear systems
*
*
Requirements
==========
- Mastery of optimal and adaptive control theory
- Minimum 4 years hands-on experience with nonlinear model-based control
- Hands-on experience in brush and brushless motor control
- Mastery of C/C++ in embedded environments
- Minimum Degree: MS or PhD in Robotics or equivalent

About us
=======
Our robots are designed for physical, verbal and visual interaction with
people, are safe around people and agile in cluttered spaces. We are
located in Pittsburgh, and have a collaborative and energizing work
culture. We dream big, execute aggressively, and are intent on pioneering
the personal robotics market.

To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to jobs at bnrobotics.com.

Thanks,

Sarjoun Skaff
Founder and CTO
Bossa Nova Robotics
--
sarjoun skaff, phd | founder & cto | bossa nova robotics | +1 (412) 267-7266
 | www.bnrobotics.com
*“if i were a robot, i would run”*