[robotics-worldwide] Multiple Positions in Robotic Navigation/Research Scientist @I2R, A*STAR, Singapore

Bingbing Liu liubb2004 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 00:09:36 PDT 2013

Multiple Positions in Robotic Navigation/Research Scientist @I2R, A*STAR,
Singapore

The Institute for Infocomm Research (http://www.i2r.a-star.edu.sg/) is a
member of the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) family.
I2R's vision is to power a vibrant and strong infocomm ecosystem in
Singapore. We seek to foster world-class infocomm and media research and
develop a deep talent pool of infocomm professionals to power a vibrant
knowledge-based Singapore. With a new initiative for a research and
development programme on Autonomous Vehicles, I2R is now recruiting talents
for multiple positions in the area of robotic navigation worldwide.

Position: Research Scientist

Job Description: You will be part of a team developing intelligent and
robust Navigation software for autonomous vehicles in outdoor urban
environment. You are required to perform research, development and
implementation of algorithms in one or more of the following areas :

ü Robotics path planning
ü Path planning and obstacle avoidance using road network information
ü Free form navigation in narrow space

ü Path smoothing and motion planning

Requirements: A PhD degree in Robotics, Computer Science, Computer
Engineering or related fields:

ü At least 3 years experience in robotics path planning/dynamic obstacle
detection and avoidance
ü Strong software development skills in ROS, OpenCV, Linux, C/C++, Python
ü Able to develop and implement complex algorithms efficiently
ü Able to work independently

ü Good English spoken and written communication skills

These multiple job positions are full-time with competitive salaries and
are adjustable based on qualification. The staff welfare includes variable
performance bonus, annual leaves and staff medical insurance etc.

To apply, please email a detailed CV (including objective, education
background, courses, experiences, representative publications, and skills)
by August 20th, 2013,  to:

Mr. Han Boon Siew:: Institute for Infocomm Research (I²R) :: Agency for
Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR)::1 Fusionopolis Way, #21-01
Connexis (South Tower), Singapore 138632

bshan at i2r.a-star.edu.sg