[robotics-worldwide] Call For Participation in the NAO programming Competition, part of ICSR 2013

Paul Bremner (BRL) paul.bremner at brl.ac.uk
Tue Aug 6 06:02:13 PDT 2013

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

// Call For Participation in the NAO programming Competition, part of the:

//

//  INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SOCIAL ROBOTICS (ICSR 2013)

//       http://www.icsr2013.org.uk/

//

//    Bristol, UK.

//    October 27 - 29th October, 2013

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Deadline for submission: 13th of September, 2013

The International Conference on Social Robotics (ICSR,
http://www.icsr2013.org.uk/) brings together researchers and practitioners
working on the issues of interaction between humans and robots and on the
integration of robots into our society. At this year's conference we are
holding a NAO programming competition!

We are inviting entrants to write a program for the Aldebaran Robotics NAO
robot that will keep a human companion entertained. Aldebaran robotics will
provide software and technical support so you can program a simulated
robot. Shortlisted entries will be invited to attend half a day of the
conference for free, where they can download their program on to a real
NAO, and present their work. The best entry selected by the judging panel,
and the entry voted as the most entertaining by attendees, will both
receive certificates and a Boe Bot Robot Kit from Active Robotics. Whatever
your level of experience, this competition is a great way to try out the
NAO and its software, and present your work to an international robotics
research audience.

Details and how to apply:
http://www.icsr2013.org.uk/competition.php#naoCompetition

Please email expressions of interest to: paul.bremner at brl.ac.uk

DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: 13/9/13

PS: Please also note our Robot Design Competition:
http://www.icsr2013.org.uk/competition.php#robotDesignCompetition

--
Dr. Paul Bremner
Research Associate