[robotics-worldwide] Internship in robotics at HRL Laboratories in Malibu, California

Hoffmann, Heiko hhoffmann at hrl.com
Mon Aug 12 09:15:45 PDT 2013

Dear colleagues,

HRL has an opening for a paid internship in robotics. The project's objective is dexterous manipulation of wires for manufacturing applications.
I need an intern who is enthusiastic about robotics, has expertise in controlling robot arms, and can develop software code efficiently without supervision. This project requires development of software, not hardware. We will work with state of the art robot arms. Experience in computer vision and/or tactile perception is a plus. The position is available immediately.

HRL Laboratories, LLC in sunny Malibu, California, is one of the world’s leading research institutes and is owned by both the Boeing Company and General Motors. HRL is an officially recognized IEEE Milestone and APS Physics Historic Site for being the place to invent the first working Laser. Apart from this historic moment, HRL held many world records - e.g., most powerful solid state Laser in 2005 and lightest material in 2011 - and we are looking forward to add more.

Requirements:
B.A./B.S./M.S. in engineering, computer science, or related
Excellent programming skills
Commitment to deliver an outstanding work performance
Demonstrated experience in robotics

Special requirements (Important!):
US PERSON STATUS REQUIRED (PERMANENT RESIDENT OR US CITIZEN -This is a MUST).

*** Important ****
In your application, state if you are a US citizen or legal permanent resident (i.e., Greencard holder). Applications without such a statement will be ignored.
****************

Starting date: as soon as possible

Project lead for this position is Dr Heiko Hoffmann (www.heikohoffmann.de)

Applications (CV) and cover letter (can be in email) should be sent directly to me at hhoffmann at hrl.com. The cover letter should express why you are interested in this position and highlight your strengths (max. 1 page). The selection process will be competitive. Upon receiving applications, I will decide who to invite for a telephone interview.

HRL is an Equal Opportunity Employer

Please forward this opportunity to potential candidates.

Have a nice day

Heiko Hoffmann

--
Dr Heiko Hoffmann