[robotics-worldwide] *** Deadline extended *** IROS2013 WS on Cognitive Neuroscience Robotics

narioka narioka at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 20:31:11 PDT 2013

Call for papers for IROS Workshop on Cognitive Neuroscience Robotics (CNR)
November 7th, 2013, Tokyo Big Sight, Japan, in conjunction with the IEEE/RSJ
International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS2013)

*** Extension of paper submission deadline: August 31st, 2013 ***

Web: http://www.gcoe-cnr.osaka-u.ac.jp/iros2013workshop/

Abstract
--------------
While traditional technologies have made our society convenient, their
effects on our cognitive functions have been disregarded. In order to reveal
their effects and to establish a new design principle for safe and adaptable
Information and Robot Technology (IRT) systems, the organizers have promoted
the global center of excellence (GCOE) project supported by Japanese
government, in which world-famous research groups in robotics, cognitive
science, and brain science, working at Osaka
University and ATR in Japan, are highly-integrated to establish an
interdisciplinary research area called Human-friendly Robotics Based on
Cognitive Neuroscience (Cognitive Neuroscience Robotics).
In this workshop, starting from the keynote talk by Prof. Hiroshi Ishiguro
who is the leader of the GCOE, some members and international collaborators
of the GCOE will give their talks about the most-advanced studies mainly on
the fields of human-robot interaction (HRI), cognitive science, brain
science, and the interdisciplinary area. Based on the talks, we will discuss
the way to integrate these research fields for the establishment of a novel
research area of human friendly IRT system.

Topics
------
Topics of interest include:
Human-Robot Interaction (HRI)
Assistive system
Brain science
Neuroscience
Brain-Machine Interface (BMI)
Cognitive psychology
Cognitive developmental robotics

Instructions for Authors
------------------------
Please submit your papers electronically in PDF format to
iros2013ws at gcoe-cnr.osaka-u.ac.jp no later than July 31, 2013. 4-6 pages
in the standard IEEE format are allowed for each paper, including figures.
Format : Papers (4-6 pages)
Due date: July 31, 2013
Submit to : iros2013ws at gcoe-cnr.osaka-u.ac.jp

Invited speakers
----------------
Dr. Masayuki Hirata (Osaka University)
Dr. Kohei Ogawa (Osaka University)
Dr. Lorenzo Jamone (Instituto Superior Técnico)
Dr. Shun Nishide (Kyoto University)
Dr. Ken Endo (Sony CSL)

Important Dates
---------------
August 31st, 2013 (Extended) : Due date for paper submission
September 15th, 2013 : Notification of acceptance for papers
November 7th, 2013 : Workshop

Organizers
Kenichi Narioka (Osaka University)
narioka at ist.osaka-u.ac.jp