[robotics-worldwide] Job posting: R&D Engineer, Airware (Newport Beach, CA)

Airware Careers careers at airware.com
Tue Aug 13 21:13:12 PDT 2013

Airware is redefining the unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) industry, aka drone
industry, by creating an operating system and development platform for
small commercial UAVs. Previous solutions have been closed black boxes,
while Airware’s enterprise solution combines autopilot hardware, flexible
software architectures, and an API for customization and expansion. We are
a rapidly growing startup, well-funded by two of the world’s pre-eminent
technology venture capital firms, Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures.

We're currently searching for research and development engineers who will
focus on transforming novel ideas/technologies/sensors/algorithms into
proven product capabilities. Candidates should have the following
qualifications:

-Solid coding background, project experience implementing unfamiliar
algorithms in deployment languages (i.e. other than Matlab)
-Extensive experience with robotic hardware systems (aerial or otherwise),
preferred experience with RC aircraft
-Preferred competencies: Estimation techniques (EKF, UKF, particle
filtering, etc.), UAV flight control, embedded systems, machine learning,
computer vision, SLAM
-A passion for bringing inventive ideas to life on aerial robotic systems!

How to apply:
Goto http://www.airware.com/careers/ and click on the job requisition
for Research & Development Engineer.