[robotics-worldwide] Job Opportunities at OCEAN LAB

tyler at oceanlab.com tyler at oceanlab.com
Fri Aug 30 12:00:26 PDT 2013

ELECTRICAL/MECHANICAL ENGINEER opportunities at OCEAN LAB LLC
OCEAN LAB is a small, research-oriented firm in Glendale, California, established to explore self-organizing principles with swarms of aquatic vehicles.
We are actively looking to hire two individuals who fit the description below. The successful candidates should be college graduates, and because of our emphasis on research, higher degrees are of more interest. If you think you are a good fit, please send a resume to me at tyler at oceanlab.com http://service.mail.com/callgate-6.71.4.0/rms/6.71.4.0/mail/getBody?folderId=38&messageId=ODI5NSReDGRha8vLvHF0moE7U02wk087&purpose=display&bodyType=html#
ELECTRICAL/MECHANICAL ENGINEER:
Seeking recent graduates to assist in hands-on prototype development of mobile surface drifters and swarms of autonomous underwater vehicles.
The ideal candidates will have a history of building and deploying robotic vehicles.
SKILLS:

Must be experienced at designing and building prototypesProficiency with basic shop toolsExperience with machining and composite constructionWorking knowledge of C++ or similar microprocessor programmingUnderstanding of physics and fluid mechanicsAbility to collect and analyze data
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

Design, build and test AUV prototypesOversee workshop area (maintain tools and supplies)Assist in writing grant proposals and presenting research results
SALARY:
$68,000 to $98,000/yr.
CONTACT:
Tyler MacCready, PhD