[robotics-worldwide] [Jobs] Research Engineer/Postdoc position in control, simulation and software architecture for (humanoid robotics) at ISIR/UPMC (Paris, France)
vincent.padois at upmc.fr
Tue Dec 10 22:01:10 PST 2013
The ISIR laboratory at Université Pierre et Marie Curie (UPMC, Paris,
France) is looking for a postdoctoral/Research Engineer to perform research
and developments in the field of control, simulation and software
architecture for (humanoid) robotics.
This position comes in support of two research projects (Intervention
Robotics RTE/UPMC chair and CoDyCo FP7-STREP european project) that both
strongly rely on the development of :
- optimization-based control algorithms for robots dynamically evolving in
- software components allowing for a modular, generic and middleware-based
(Orocos, ROS, Yarp) integration in different contexts : control of a real
robot, simulation, robot's architecture optimization, ...;
- dynamics simulation tools (XDE, Gazebo, URDF/Collada...).
The ideal candidate must have:
- excellent C++ and Python programming skills and good software engineering
- a strong background in Robotics and in model-based robot control
- excellent collaborative working capabilities,
- experience in software project management (documentation (sphinx,
doxygen), version (git/svn) and configuration (cmake) management).
The position is available starting from February 2014 for a potentially 2
years contract. Salary will be competitive and based on experience and
To apply, please contact Vincent Padois with your cv and a letter including
references, a brief introduction of your background and plans.
- Vincent Padois: http://people.isir.upmc.fr/padois
- The CODYCO project: http://www.codyco.eu
- Intervention Robotics RTE/UPMC chair : http://chair-introb.isir.upmc.fr
More information about the robotics-worldwide