[robotics-worldwide] CFP: IEEE/RSJ IROS2013

Kenji Suzuki kenji at ieee.org
Mon Feb 4 14:35:21 PST 2013

* We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this announcement.
IEEE/RSJ IROS2013
http://www.iros2013.org/
IEEE/RSJ International Conference on
Intelligent Robots and Systems  (IROS2013)
November 3-7, 2013, Tokyo, Japan
Submission Deadline: March 15, 2013
Call for Papers, Videos, Workshops and Tutorials

The 2013 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots
and Systems (IROS2013) will be held in Tokyo, Japan, during
November 3-7, 2013. A new IROS begins in 2013. We can lead
this unique and prestigious conference towards a new era of intelligent
robots and systems to meet the needs of the changing times.
--- IROS2013 New Horizon.

Papers
http://www.iros2013.org/instructions.html
Authors should submit their papers electronically in PDF format
via PaperPlaza. For the first submission, a manuscript can be of 6-8
pages. For the final submission, a manuscript should be of 6 pages,
with 2 additional pages allowed but at an extra charge.

Videos
http://www.iros2013.org/cfv.html
Videos of 1.5 to 3 minutes illustrating new and exciting results are
sought for dedicated video sessions. Videos should be accompanied
by an extended abstract and should be submitted via the PaperPlaza
submission site for the conference.

Workshops and Tutorials
http://www.iros2013.org/cftw.html
Proposals for half-day or full-day tutorials and workshops should
include: statement of objectives, intended audience, list of speakers,
and list of topics. These should be submitted via the PaperPlaza
submission site for the conference.

Important Dates

- Paper submission deadline: March 15, 2013
- Workshop and tutorial proposals due: March 15, 2013
- Notification of acceptance for workshops and tutorials: April 30, 2013
- Notification of acceptance for papers: July 1, 2013
- Final paper submission deadline: July 31, 2013

The venue for the conference is Tokyo International Exhibition
Center which is known as Tokyo Big Sight and located in Odaiba,
Tokyo. Odaiba is a popular shopping and entertainment district
on a man made island in Tokyo Bay. Autumn is one of the best
seasons for visiting Japan. The cool wind feels nice. Just walking
along the streets, it's a pleasure to see the leaves turning to the
autumn hues of red and yellow.
We all look forward to seeing you in Tokyo.

Yours Sincerely,

General Chair
  Prof. Shigeki Sugano, Waseda Univ.
Program Chair