[robotics-worldwide] 9th International Symposium onMechatronics and its Applications (ISMA'13)
Dr. Mohammad-Amin Al-Jarrah
mjarrah at aus.edu
Sun Feb 3 07:21:24 PST 2013
It is my pleasure to announce one last extension to 9th International Symposium onMechatronics and its Applications (ISMA'13) which will convene in Amman Jordan on the 9th of April, 2013. I hope this will give enough time for those who requested extending the call and will allow those who would like to participate in this event and would give enough time to do so.
Final deadline extensionFebruary 11th, 2013
9th International Symposium onMechatronics and its Applications (ISMA'13)
April 9-11, 2013, Amman, Jordan
February 11, 2013 Full paper submissions
February 18, 2013 Notification of acceptance
March 4, 2013 Final full paper submission
Due to several requests from authors, we have decided to extend the manusc-ript submission deadline for contributions until February 11th, 2013 to give potential authors enough time to complete their contributions. Please find attached the final Call For Papers.
We are delighted to invite you to participate in the 9th International Symposium onMechatronics and its Applications (ISMA'13) in Amman, the capital of Jordan, in the period of April 9-11, 2013. This international symposium is the ninth of a series of symposia focusing on theoretical and practical aspects of Mechatronics and is indexed by IEEE Xplore. ISMA 2013 provides a unique forum for researchers, educators, engineers, and governmental institutions involved in general areas of MechatronicsEngineering to disseminate their latest research results and exchange views on the future research directions of these fields.
ISMA accepts applied, industrial, and original scientific contribution in areas related tomechatronics such as robotics, autonomous systems technologies, and computer integrated manufacturing systems. Prospective participants of ISMA'13 are invited to submit their full papers using EDAS online submission system at http://edas.info. Submitted papers will undergo at least two peer reviews. Accepted papers should be presented at the conference in order to be eligible for inclusion in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library.
ISMA 2013 program will include guest speakers, peer reviewed technical program, plenary sessions, workshops, and student poster competition. The symposium covers the synergistic integration of mechanical engineering with electronics, intelligent control, design and manufacturing of industrial products and processes. Themes of the symposium include, but are not limited to:
1) Mechatronics: system integration, embedded systems, manufacturing systems, sensors, actuators, modeling and simulation, MEMS and NEMS, bio‐mechatronics, mechanism design and applications,autotronics.
2) Robotics: robot kinematics and dynamics, unmanned vehicles, industrial robots, multi robotics, biomedical robotics, tele‐robotics, micro robotics, machine intelligence and vision, navigation systems.
3) Control Systems: real‐time control, intelligent control, monitoring and supervision, observers, estimation and identification, machine learning and pattern recognition, nonlinear control, robust control, adaptive control, optimal control, digital control, distributed and networked control, control applications.
4) Automation: industrial electronics, industrial process control, PLC systems, DCS, SCADA.
5) Education: mechatronics education, virtual labs, e‐learning in Mechatronics, curriculum development, outcome‐based education, project‐based education.
AMMAN is the capital city of Jordan and its political, cultural, and commercial center. It is the biggest city in Jordan and one of the oldest inhabited cities of the world. Amman contains and is close to several attractions such as Roman ruins in Jerash, the Dead Sea, the city of Madaba, and Petra. The conference program will include excursions to some of these sites. ISMA'13 is hosted by the German-Jordanian University. Regarding the timing of the conference, it is worth mentioning that Jordanian springs are nice, and in April the weather is expected to be sunny with average temperatures between 17°C (63°F) and 25°C (77°F).
Mohammad Ameen Jarrah, Ph.D.
College of Engineering
Tel +971 6 515 2464
Mob +971 50 5674373
Fax +971 6 515 2979
American University of Sharjah
PO Box 26666, Sharjah
United Arab Emirates
mjarrah at aus.edu
Dr. Mohammad Amin Al-Jarrah
Professor of mechanical engineering, Department head,
College of Engineering,
American university of Sharjah
United Arab Emirates
More information about the robotics-worldwide