[robotics-worldwide] Full-time Lecturer Position at Johns Hopkins in Mechanical Engineering

Noah Cowan ncowan at jhu.edu
Wed Feb 6 17:04:04 PST 2013

Full-time Lecturer Position at Johns Hopkins in Mechanical Engineering

The Department of Mechanical Engineering at the Johns Hopkins University invites applications for a full-time lecturer position. The individual selected for this position will be expected to contribute to the department’s educational mission through teaching, course development, and advising and mentoring students. They may also engage in mechanical engineering scholarship. Johns Hopkins is a private university well known for its commitment to academic excellence and research. The mechanical engineering department is among the top in the country in terms of research activities and educational programs. See our web page at http://www.me.jhu.edu for additional information.

The ideal candidate will have a Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering or a closely related field and demonstrated excellence in teaching. It is desired that the candidate has experience and interest in teaching courses in robotics, dynamical systems, and mechanics. The successful candidate will work closely with faculty colleagues. Applications should include a cover letter, a curriculum vita, a statement of teaching philosophy and interests, and should be submitted electronically as a **single PDF** document to me-search at jhu.edu with“Lecturer Search” in the subject line. Applicants should arrange for three reference letters to be sent directly to me-search at jhu.edu. Applications will be considered beginning April 2, 2013.

The Department is committed to a diverse environment; women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. The Johns Hopkins University is an EEO/AA Employer.

Contact Information
Lecturer Search Committee
me-search at jhu.edu
Department of Mechanical Engineering