[robotics-worldwide] CFP:ICRA 2013 WORKSHOP:Semantics, Identification, and Control of Robot-Human-Environment Interaction

Wataru Takano takano at ynl.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Sun Feb 24 16:48:25 PST 2013

Call for papers / participation

ICRA 2013 WORKSHOP:
Semantics, Identification, and Control of Robot-Human-Environment
Interaction

Organizers: Wataru Takano, Ales Ude, Jun Morimoto, Justus Piater, Minija
Tamosiunaite, and Norbert Kru"ger
Date and Time: Friday, May 10, 2013, 9:00 - 18:00
Workshop website:
http://http://www.ynl.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~takano/ICRA2013WS/
<http://http://www.ynl.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/%7Etakano/ICRA2013WS/>
Submission Deadline: March 11, 2013
Acceptance Notification: March 18, 2013
Final paper Submission: March 25, 2013
Submission Form: up to 4 pages extended abstract
Contact/submission: takano at ynl.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
<mailto:takano at ynl.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>

Abstract:
Latest sensing technologies allow us to use many sensors to recognize
the current state of the environment or to recognize the intentions in
human behaviors, in order to control robotic platforms. On the other
hand, recent robotic platforms have many actuators which can be used to
identify the properties of the environments through physical interaction
or can be used to interact with humans. In this workshop we will discuss
how to semantically understand the environment or intended effects of
human actions to control robots with many degrees of freedom such as
humanoid robots. Similarly, we will discuss how to utilize a large
number of robot actuators to actively estimate properties of the
environment or humans through interactions. More concretely, we will
discuss research topics including but not limited to imitation learning,
human movement recognition methods, system identification methods, and
object identification methods for high-dimensional systems.

The workshop will cover (but won’t be limited to) the following topics:
- Representation for complex states in robot-environment interaction
- Understanding the semantic property of environment through physical
interaction
- Understanding the intended effects of human actions
- Identification of human behavior modeling parameters through
robot-human interactions
- Synthesis of semantic behaviors that achieve intented effects

Invited speakers:
Dana Kulic (Waterloo University)
Florentin Wo"rgo"tter (University of Gottingen)
Frank Chongwoo Park (Seoul University)
Michael Beetz (University Bremen)
Shingo Shimoda (RIKEN)
Sylvain Calinon (Italian Institute of Technology)
Takamitsu Matsubara (Nara Institute of Science and Technology)
Yuka Ariki (National Institute of Infomatics)
Wataru Takano (University of Tokyo)
Ales Ude (Jozef Stefan Institute)

Submission:
We solicit extended abstracts of up to 4 pages in pdf format, which will
be reviewed by the workshop organizers. An optional interactive poster
session will be organized if there is a larger number of submissions.
Accepted papers will be included in the ICRA 2013 workshop proceedings.

We hope to meet you in the workshop.

Best Regards

Wataru Takano
University of Tokyo,