[robotics-worldwide] ICML 2013 Workshop on Robot Learning: Call for Papers

Anca Dragan adragan at cs.cmu.edu
Mon Feb 25 21:31:09 PST 2013

Robot Learning

In conjunction with: The 30th International Conference on Machine Learning,
Atlanta, 2013

IMPORTANT DATES:

o Deadline for submissions: April 10th, 2013
o Notification of acceptance: April 20th, 2013
o Workshop: June 20th/21st, 2013

WEBSITE:

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~adragan/ICML13-workshop.html

INVITED SPEAKERS:

o Siddhartha Srinivasa (Carnegie Mellon University)
o Andrea Thomaz (Georgia Institute of Technology)
o Stefan Schaal (University of Southern California)
o Marc Toussaint (TU Stuttgart)
o Drew Bagnell (Carnegie Mellon University)
o Jan Peters (TU Darmstadt)
o Stefanie Tellex (Brown University)
o Alexander Stoychev (Iowa State University)
o Ashutosh Saxena (Cornell University)

What new challenges does Robotics bring to Machine Learning, and how can
existing Machine Learning techniques be used to advance the state of the
art in Robotics? These are the questions this full day workshop will
explore --- we hope to bring together researchers from both communities for
a day of inspiring talks and heated discussion.

Although robots have become better and better at performing tasks
autonomously, they are still deficient in crucial ways, especially when it
comes to interacting and collaborating with their users. We believe that
machine learning can contribute significantly to bridging the gap between
the robots and their users. We welcome contributions on improving robot
capabilities that enable robots to seamlessly interact and collaborate with
humans. We encourage submissions on related topics, including but not
limited to:

o Imitation Learning / Learning from Demonstration
o Reinforcement Learning / Learning from Experience
o Intent Prediction and Intnt Expression
o Activity Recognition
o Behavior and Motion Optimization
o Game Theoretic Approaches for Collaboration
o Natural (Language) Interfaces
o Adaptation and Customization

SUBMISSIONS:

Submitted papers should be up to 6 pages long (extended abstracts and
preliminary result papers are welcome) and should follow the ICML format.

Each paper will be assigned two reviewers, who will evaluate the submission
based on significance, relevance to the topic, technical quality and
quality of evaluation.

Email your submissions to icml13workshop at gmail.com.

ORGANIZERS:

o Anca Dragan (Carnegie Mellon University)
o Baris Akgun (Georgia Institute of Technology)
o Brian Ziebart (University of Illinois at Chicago)