[robotics-worldwide] CfP for the workshop Replicable Robotics Research, Benchmarking and Result Exploitation: where we are at ERF2013 Lyon March, 21st

Fabio Bonsignorio fabio.bonsignorio at uc3m.es
Wed Feb 27 06:36:10 PST 2013

Apologies for multiple postings

Dear All,
You are kindly invited to participate to the ERF2013,
www.eurobotic2013.com,  workshop on Replicable Robotics Research,
Benchmarking and Result Exploitation.

Stay tuned by checking here:
http://www.heronrobots.com/EuronGEMSig/gem-sig-events/rrr-and-benchmarking-where-we-are

After several years of discussions on the need of research replication
and benchmarking there are now some viable and concrete ideas about
how to trigger a leap in this direction.
We would like to update the community on recent progress and gather
ideas for further steps.

Approach:

It will be a guided brainstorming: participants will be asked to state
their position on 3  questions decided by the organizers. The
questions will be distributed about 1 month earlier than the workshop.
They will be published soon on the workshop website:
http://www.heronrobots.com/EuronGEMSig/gem-sig-events/rrr-and-benchmarking-where-we-are

Program

March 21st

13:30 – 13:40 Introduction by the moderators
13:40 – 14:10 SOA on RRR and Benchmarking
14:10 – 15:30 Guided Brainstorming

How can participants contribute to, and prepare for, the workshop?

Send a short abstract, for a 20 minute interactive talk, book a 3 min
flash talk, attend actively. We aim at a possibly chaotic but
productive meeting.

During the entire European Robotics Forum 2013, you'll be able to
visit the INNOROBO event (www.innorobo.com), free of charge.

CU there

Fabio, Angel and John

--
CONFIDENTIAL AND PRE-DECISIONAL INFORMATION

Fabio P. Bonsignorio

IEEE Senior Member

Ceo
Heron Robots s.r.l.
Via R.Ceccardi 1/18
I-16121 Genova
Italy
www.heronrobots.com

Founding Director
euRobotics aisbl

Professor
Banco de Santander Chair of Excellence in Robotics
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
Edificio Agustín de Betancourt, Despacho 1.3B01
Avda. Universidad, 30
28911 Leganés
Spain