[robotics-worldwide] Faculty positions at UT Dallas

Robert D Gregg rgregg at utdallas.edu
Thu Jan 3 13:55:32 PST 2013

Dear Colleagues,

The Erik Jonsson School of Engineering and Computer Science at The
University of Texas at Dallas invites applications for faculty positions
in Mechanical Engineering at the Assistant, Associate, or Full
Professor. Mechatronics and robotics with applications to health care is
an area of interest. On-line applications may be submitted at
http://provost.utdallas.edu/facultyjobs/welcome/jobdetail/pcy12121=7,
where a complete ad for this search may be found.

Created in the fall of 2008, the department of mechanical engineering is
a key component of the university's growth strategy.  In four years,
enrollment has grown from 10 students to nearly 500 students, including
44 MS students.  The PhD degree program in mechanical engineering debuts
in the spring  semester, and we have fellowships to recruit outstanding
students.  In 2008, when the department was created, there was no
full-time faculty.  Currently, the department has 13 tenure-system
faculty members and 3 senior lecturers.  Members of the faculty
participate in two MURI awards, and we are partners in a planning grant
for an NSF I/UCRC in wind energy.  In addition to intramural
collaborations, the faculty members are engaging a diverse local
industry.  Companies are sponsoring 11 out of 12 senior design projects.
  Industry-university collaborations and consulting opportunities are
under development.

I would be most grateful for your assistance disseminating this email to
outstanding candidates.

I wish you a healthy and prosperous 2013.

Sincerely,

Mario A. Rotea
Professor and Head of Mechanical Engineering
Erik Jonsson Chair
The University of Texas at Dallas