[robotics-worldwide] CLAWAR 2013 Third Call for Papers

Kenneth.Waldron kenwaldron at me.com
Thu Jan 3 21:28:36 PST 2013

CLAWAR 2013: One Month to Go

We are now only one month from the submission deadline for CLAWAR 2013. Are you planning to submit to AIM 2013 (2013 IEEE/ASME International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics) in Wollongong, Australia? How about spending a few more days and attending CLAWAR 2013 in Sydney? This will be the 16th conference in the CLAWAR series. It will be held on the campus of the University of Technology, Sydney from 14-17 July 2013.

We invite papers in all areas relevant to mobile robotics. The core areas are climbing, walking and running robots and the technologies that support them. We interpret that to include wheeled and tracked platforms, in addition to legged machines. Supporting technologies include all the means that robots use to sense, model, and navigate through their environments and, of course, actuation and control technologies. Human interaction, including exoskeletons, prostheses and orthoses as well as service robots forms an increasingly active and important pertinent area.

Keynote speakers will include Yvan Baudoin (Belgium), Yoshihiko Nakamura (Japan), Marcus Pandy (Australia), and Homayoon Kazerooni (USA).

Submission will be on the basis of full manuscripts due 04 February 2013. The link to the submission site is available on the conference web site: www.CLAWAR2013.feit.uts.edu.au/ .

Ken Waldron