[robotics-worldwide] Localization / Navigation position at Bossa Nova Robotics
sarjoun at bnrobotics.com
Mon Jan 7 20:26:50 PST 2013
Bossa Nova Robotics is a Carnegie Mellon spinoff specialized in personal
robotics. Our vision is to build a 21st century Rosey Jetson, and our
mission is to put robots in people's lives.
We are looking for a high-flight PhD-level talent to develop localization
and navigation capabilities for our Ballbot platform.
- Develop localization solutions using low cost sensors and limited
computation in unstructured indoor environments
- Develop obstacle detection solutions, including chairs, tables and glass
- Deploy navigation techniques for a Ballbot platform around static and
- Test and mature code through production and shipment
- Deep experience in localization (5+ years minimum)
- Experience in vision and sensor systems
- First hand experience in deploying robots in unsupervised environments
- Hands-on building, maintenance and operation of robot systems
- Degree: MS or PhD in robotics or ECE
Our robots are designed for physical, verbal and visual interaction with
people, and move effortlessly in crowded spaces. We recently announced
mObi, a Ballbot platform built for HRI:
We are located in Pittsburgh, and we have a collaborative and energized
work culture. We dream big, execute aggressively, and are intent on
pioneering the personal robotics market.
To apply, please send me your resume and projects portfolio to
jobs at bnrobotics.com.
Founder and CTO
Bossa Nova Robotics
sarjoun skaff, phd | founder & cto | bossa nova robotics | +1 (412) 267-7266
*“if i were a robot, i would run”*
More information about the robotics-worldwide