[robotics-worldwide] Deadline extension to January 21: FAIM 2013 Workshop on Robotics in Smart Manufacturing

Pedro Neto pedro.neto at dem.uc.pt
Thu Jan 10 06:09:00 PST 2013

Please accept our apologies if you received this message more than once.

*** Deadline extension to January 21 ***

FAIM 2013 - Workshop on Robotics in Smart Manufacturing
26-28 June 2013, Porto, Portugal

http://www.faim2013.org/site/programme?test1-header

Robots are increasingly being used in advanced/smart manufacturing environments as a key element for the manufacturing process itself, and, with applications in diverse traditional and non-traditional areas. In this workshop, we will particularly focus on new and emerging areas of application of robots in the manufacturing world (micro- and nano-manufacturing, manufacturing of composite materials and solar cells, laser-based manufacturing, etc.), new methods to interact with robots and how we can make them more autonomous in their tasks.

== Topics ==

-New robot applications in manufacturing (micro- and nano-manufacturing, manufacturing of composite materials and solar cells, laser-based manufacturing, etc.)
-Human-robot interfaces
-Robot autonomy
-Pattern recognition
-CAD-based robotics
-Modeling of dynamic environments
-Sensor fusion
-Handling
-Grasping
-Machining
-Assembly and precision assembly
-Collaborative robots
-Physical human-robot interaction
-Robot safety
-Survey papers

== Important Dates ==

Paper submission: 21st January 2013 (this deadline will not be extended)
Acceptance notification: 1st March 2013
Final paper submission: 17th March 2013

== Proceedings ==

Extended versions of selected best papers under the specific theme Robotics in Smart Manufacturing will be published in a special issue of The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. The papers accepted for presentation in the workshop will appear in a proceedings book, Communications in Computer and Information Science (CCIS).