[robotics-worldwide] Open Positions in Robotics and Medical Systems at SRI International

Rich Mahoney Rich.Mahoney at SRI.com
Mon Jan 14 08:45:00 PST 2013

The Robotics and Medical Systems Program, SRI International, is pleased
to announce multiple job openings at our headquarters in Menlo Park, CA,
in the heart of Silicon Valley, at all levels and across all technical
areas:

*Apply on-line at **www.sri.com/jobs* <http://www.sri.com/jobs>
Principal Electro-Mechanical Engineer, Robotics (Job Number: 101717)
Electro-Mechanical Engineer, Robotics (Job Number: 101718)
Electrical Engineer, Robotics (Job Number: 101719)
Senior Software Engineer, Robotics (Job number: 101731)
Robotics Fellow (Job Number: 101727)

We hire unique innovators with the skills to help us redefine the design
space for robotics.  We have a leading edge portfolio of advanced
robotic component technologies, including electro adhesion, electro
active polymers and other advanced actuators, dexterous
telemanipulation, and micro manipulation.  In addition to addressing
broad problems in robotics, our group is a leading innovator of surgical
and medical robotics technology.  We work across the full spectrum of
technology development from first demonstration to new platforms for
government and commercial customers, to licensing and new ventures.
Intuitive Surgical (NASDAQ: ISRG) and Artificial Muscle, Inc. (acquired
by Bayer Material Sciences), both spun out of our group.  Redwood
Robotics (JV with Willow Garage and Meka) and Grabit emerged from our
program most recently, and we're actively pursuing new ventures in the
expanding and exciting Silicon Valley Robotics landscape.

We have a strong pipeline of DARPA and other government programs,
commercial customers, and new ventures.  Although we need new employees
to support this work, we strongly encourage innovation from all of our
staff, and provide access to world class technical personnel, resources,
and facilities, including internal investment funds.  If you can see the
future of robotics, the Robotics Program at SRI is the place you can
create it.

*_SRI International: Invent, innovate, and impact the big picture_*
Join SRI and make a positive impact on society by developing new
solutions to important problems. We are an independent, nonprofit
research and development organization working with government agencies,
commercial businesses, and private foundations to address complex global
challenges. Our research breakthroughs and solutions have saved lives,
created new industries, and continue to provide lasting benefits to society.

Our staff delivers impressive results to clients every day, and share a
passion for pushing innovative thinking to new levels.

Our diverse work environment will allow you to collaborate with seasoned
researchers while gaining fresh perspectives from recent graduates. You
will learn innovation best practices to make yourself a valuable
professional throughout your career.

SRI's core values---passion to make a difference, enthusiasm to solve
the impossible, respect, integrity, and a commitment to excel---empower
our champions, strengthen our teams, and transform ideas into reality
for our clients.

Join our team, and you can make a difference, too.

We offer a congenial work atmosphere, competitive salaries and benefits
including royalty and equity sharing, tuition reimbursement, a
company-matched 403 (b), and numerous other benefits. We're a short walk
from the Menlo Park train station, and we'll pay most of your
public-transportation commuting costs.

*Apply on-line at **www.sri.com/jobs* <http://www.sri.com/jobs>

--
Rich Mahoney, PhD