[robotics-worldwide] University of Denver Tenure-Track Faculty Position in Robotics/Mechatronics

Richard Voyles Richard.Voyles at du.edu
Wed Jan 16 11:53:46 PST 2013

The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering continues its expansion and rapid growth with respect to its educational and research activities. The Department offers BS and MS degrees in Electrical Engineering (EE), Computer Engineering (CpE) and Mechatronic Systems Engineering (MSE), and PhD degrees in Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) and MSE. It is the only Department in the U.S. that offers three degrees in MSE. Please visit our website at www.ece.du.edu<http://www.ece.du.edu/> for more information about our programs and current areas of research.

 Job Summary:

 The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the School of Engineering and Computer Science, University of Denver, is seeking two full-time tenure-track faculty members at the Assistant Professor level, with a starting date of September 1, 2013. Although all areas in Electrical and Computer Engineering are important, special consideration will be given to applicants whose interests are in the areas of i) Electric Power and Energy Systems with a focus on renewable energy systems, and ii) Robotics/Mechatronics with a focus on unmanned systems. Successful applicants must have a passion for teaching and research, demonstrated ability to conduct top quality research, and a solid publication record. The candidates' potential to attract external funding will also be considered.

The University of Denver offers comprehensive hiring packages that include: competitive salary; reduced teaching load; start-up funds; summer support; funding for graduate students. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package. Please visit our website at www.ece.du.edu<http://www.ece.du.edu/> for more information about our programs and current areas of research.

Qualifications:

  *   Required:  PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or closely related field. ABDs will be considered, but will be appointed as Instructor at reduced salary until the PhD is completed.
  *   Preferred:  PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a closely related field and at least two years teaching experience.

 Application Instructions to Candidates:

Candidates should apply online and submit a detailed copy of their Curriculum Vitae; at least three names of references; a teaching philosophy statement; and a research plan statement including plans to attract external funding.

 For Information about this position contact:

Crystal Harris - crystal.harris at du.edu<mailto:crystal.harris at du.edu> or 303-871-6618

 The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGT community, people with disabilities and veterans. DU is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Please visit our website at www.dujobs.org<http://www.dujobs.org/> to apply.