[robotics-worldwide] Research Position - Robotic Walking - Aldebaran Robotics

Rodolphe Gelin rgelin at aldebaran-robotics.com
Mon Jan 21 03:00:21 PST 2013

In 7 years, ALDEBARAN Robotics became the worldwide leader in autonomous
and humanoid robotics. Beside our product Nao, the 60cm high robot, we are
developing ROMEO, our 1.40 m robot, is a complete research platform, which
encompasses mechanics, hardware and software.

MISSION

You will join the “Agility” Team in R&D Software Department. Composed of 10
people (mainly PhD in Robotics), we manage locomotion, navigation and basic
reflex like auto balance and collision avoidance of mobile robots such as
NAO or ROMEO.

In collaboration with research laboratories, Aldebaran Robotics wants to
invest in this research area.

You will focus on Romeo robot:

•     Improve the current walk algorithm (Faster, More stable)

•     Develop new walk algorithms

•     Mechatronics analyse

PROFIL

Your experience has led you to conceive and implement algorithms for the
balance of robotic platforms.

You have a PhD

You are able to demonstrate your work during the interview.

Skills:

Experience in Humanoid Control: Inverse Kinematics, Torque control, Preview
control

Good skills in mathematic (matrices..)

Good knowledge of C++

Good English

Nice to have:

Notions of Python programming

Mechatronics background

The Aldebaran Robotics' team, which currently consists of 200 members, has
kept the start-up spirit in mind, requiring demand, pro-activity,
creativity, humor and passion for the robotics.

So if you like challenges, join us!

Send resume + cover letter mentioning experiences and similar projects to
dgouaillier at aldebaran-robotics.com indicating the reference of this post
(Agility: Romeo Walk Engineer).