[robotics-worldwide] job opportunity at Honda RI

Lorenzo Riano lorenzo.riano at berkeley.edu
Mon Jan 21 16:59:20 PST 2013

Area: Controller for Autonomous Vehicle

Lab: Honda Research Institute USA (HRI-US) is at the cutting edge of
Honda's research and development activities.
We pursue emerging technologies in the areas of Robotics, Computer Vision
and Machine Learning.
Our Lab is located in Silicon Valley.

Job Description:
The successful applicant will be part of a team that builds a small
four-wheeled vehicle that can drive fully autonomously.
His/her main  responsibility is to add a PhidgetSBC board, Phidgets motor
controllers, and Phidgets I/O boards to the vehicle to control velocity and
steering angle.

Qualifications:
required:
•B.S. degree in either EE, CS, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
•Experience with Phidgets boards, Linux, C programming
desired:
•Knowledge of robotics, vehicle control, CAN bus

Duration:  up to 6 months (min. of 10h/week) starting now

Contact:
send applications to Bernd Heisele, BHeisele at honda-ri.com

--
Lorenzo Riano, PhD
Research Scientist

web: http://www.eecs.berkeley.edu/~riano/
email: lorenzo.riano at berkeley.edu
skype: lorenzo.riano

“I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless
though it had an underlying truth.”
Umberto Eco, The name of the Rose