[robotics-worldwide] Post-doc position in bio-inspired walking robotics
diego.torricelli at csic.es
Tue Jan 22 03:57:35 PST 2013
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to perform post-doctoral research within the three-year EU project H2R “Integrative approach for the emergence of human-like robotic locomotion”, starting on Feb 1, 2013.
The H2R project aims to demonstrate human-like gait and posture in a controlled compliant bipedal robot as a result of the combination of the most relevant motor control and cognitive mechanisms found in humans. This process will result in a new biped with enhanced posture and locomotion in unstructured environment. For more information about the project, please visit the website www.h2rproject.eu.
The successful candidate is expected to play a leading role in developing innovative and creative solutions for:
- Integrating the most recent neuromotor principles of human locomotion within the different bipedal robotic platforms available
- Designing a new human-like biped as the final testbed of the previously tested principles
- Developing a versatile benchmarking scheme for testing the achieved human-like behavior
- PhD degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Robotics, Electronics, Mechatronics or equivalent)
- Demonstrated experience in walking robotics
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Programming experience in Matlab and Simulink
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in bio-inspired control systems
- Experience in integration of embedded systems
- Knowledge of multibody dynamics simulation tools
- Experience in human neuromuscular modeling
- Ability to supervise other researchers’ work
The candidate will perform most of his/her research activity at the Bioengineering Group of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), Madrid, Spain. The candidate will be also involved in a dynamic international environment, and will closely collaborate with project partners located in Germany and Belgium. The successful candidate will be offered a fixed term contract for the duration of the Project H2R, which is due to the end of January 2016. Expected starting date is April 1, 2013.
If you are interested in applying, please contact Dr Diego Torricelli (diego.torricelli at csic.es) and Prof. Jose Luis Pons (jose.pons at csic.es) sending your CV, graduate transcripts, letters of reference (preferred) or contact info of references, and a cover letter with a brief description of your motivation and qualifications.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Diego Torricelli, PhD
GBIO - Bioengineering Group
Spanish National Research Council (CSIC)
More information about the robotics-worldwide