[robotics-worldwide] Call for Demos and Posters : ICRA 2013 Workshop on Interactive Perception

Dejan Pangercic dejan.pangercic at cs.tum.edu
Wed Jan 23 21:06:08 PST 2013

Important Dates:
Submission of Posters and Demos Due: 1 April 2013
Notification of Acceptance: 15 April 2013
Final Submissions Due: 1 May 2013
Workshop at ICRA 2013 in Karlsruhe: 6 May 2013
Website: http://mobilemanipulation.org/icra2013/
Submission site: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ipicra13

Invited Speakers
Oliver Brock (TUB, Overview)
Danica Kragic (KTH, Perception)
Matt Mason (CMU, Manipulation)
Aaron Bobick (GaTech, Perception)
Stan Birchfield (Clemson, Perception)
Dieter Fox (UW, Learning)

Motivation and Objectives:
In interactive perception, purposeful manipulation depends on the
robot's ability to curiously explore its environment through
interaction. Recent results show an increase in interest in
interactive perception and include interactive perception methods for
object segmentation, modeling, grasping, and learning of manipulation
skills. Interestingly, these results have appeared in several relevant
communities, including: perception, grasping, manipulation, and
machine learning.
Our objective for this full day workshop is to bring together
researchers to discuss state of the art, implementations, and future
directions of interactive perception research. In particular, the
focus will be on
1. Integration of sensing modalities
2. Discussion of whether interactive perception is the same as
integration of action and perception
3. Bringing together and encouraging collaborations between
researchers in relevant sub-disciplines
At the workshop, we will launch the interactive-perception.org website
which will serve as a platform for sharing implementations, relevant
videos and publications with the community.
To spice up the workshop, we will organize debates. We expect the
debates to initiate a fruitful discussion with the audience.

Submissions
We solicit one-page A4 paper abstract submissions for the two types of
presentations: posters and live demonstrations, optionally accompanied
by a video. Both will be reviewed by the program committee.
We would especially like to encourage live demos either during the
poster session or in a special demo session. On demand we will make
effort to provide Turtlebot or PR2 robot. Accepted posters and videos
will be archived online on the website of the Technical Committee on
Mobile Manipulation (http://www.mobilemanipulation.org/).

Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
1. Segmentation and recognition of objects in clutter
2. Tracking of objects
3. Grasping of objects in clutter
4. Arm motion planning in constrained spaces
5. Scene parsing and priors
6. Probabilistic modeling and uncertainty
7. Machine learning
8. Developmental learning
9. Tactile sensing

Program Committee
Megha Gupta, Mario Prats, Tucker Hermans, Jeannette Bohg, Sebastian
Höfer, Roberto Martin, Moslem Kazemi, Mehmet Dogar, Juergen Sturm,
Lillian Chang, Matei Ciocarlie, Clemens Eppener, Niklas Bergstroem

Schedule:
9.00 Introduction to interactive perception (1x30min)
9.30 Invited speakers (1x30min)
10:00 Coffee break
10.30 Invited speakers (4x30min)
12:30 Lunch