[robotics-worldwide] Engineering positions available at Nest Labs

Yoky matsuoka yokymatsuoka at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 22:04:30 PST 2013

Nest Labs (http://www.nest.com) is building technology for a better living
environment at home. We are looking for people with robotics, controls,
sensors, signals and systems, machine learning, multi-agents, computer
vision, or human-machine interface backgrounds who are interested in being
part of a fast moving startup considered one of the hottest companies in
Silicon Valley.

Nest Labs founders are Tony Fadell, a godfather of the iPod, and Matt
Rogers, who shipped numerous versions of iPod/iPhone. The Nest Labs
Technology is led by Yoky Matsuoka, previously a faculty member at CMU and
University of Washington working at the intersection of robotics and
neuroscience (and yes, this kind of background is perfect for working at
Nest).

Example skills/tool exposure we are looking for:
Strong quantitative skills and experience with MATLAB, R, or equivalent
tools for simulation or data analysis/visualization.
Extensive knowledge of C/C++ or Python.
Experience working with real hardware for controls, data
collection/visualization/validation, continuous signal processing, image
analysis, and modeling
No requirement for prior exposure or knowledge in home technology,
heating/cooling devices, building science, etc.

To learn more about:
User experience: http://www.nest.com/living-with-nest/
Motivation and how we save energy: http://www.nest.com/saving-energy/
Learning features: http://www.nest.com/inside-and-out/
Reviews and awards: http://www.nest.com/reviews/

If you are interested in working at Nest, contact Jose Cong <
jose at nestlabs.com>.